David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a talented Senior Programmer Analyst in Ottawa. The primary objective is to ensure that that the IT Enterprise application system is designed, developed, deployed and supported in a client-centric, efficient manner. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the analysis, development, integration, testing, implementation, documentation and maintenance of new and existing systems, and integration software in support of systems development and enterprise-wide systems operation.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Responsible for engaging clients to understand requirements, analyzing alternative system solutions, proposing or reviewing system design to ensure requirements are met, and facilitate the implementation of system enhancements or changes.
- Design, code, and test new software products as well as integration of third-party software solutions.
- Define and specify appropriate technical solutions through the coordination of efforts with other systems specialists.
- Research, document, and apply best practices in JAVA development.
- Maintain and enhance software as required while responding to inquiries from client departments about application functionality.
- Update technical, operational and user documentation as required.
- Establish priorities and schedules in the context of specific projects or system enhancements requests.
- Track, report and escalate to their supervisor all issues, risks and obstacles that could influence progress of the initiative.
Experience in any of the below areas would be an asset:
- Completion of Honours degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4-6 years of related experience on various information systems project including:
- Knowledge and experience using JAVA
- Experience developing secure JAVA-based solution;
- Knowledge and experience using JAVA Web-Based Technology, scripting languages, and HTML.
- Experience in ensuring security is embedded into every aspect of the development process.
- Experience in applying OWASP's and other security-based frameworks in their development.
- Knowledge of Oracle development tools, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX and technologies such as Groovy/Grails, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Process workflow system experience.
- Packaged software implementation experience for large systems.
- Experience in the design and implementation of custom developed systems.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to David Newark, Consultant, David Aplin Group Information & Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.