David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies has partnered with our client, a provider of custom industrial automation solutions. They are currently seeking a Robot Programmer to join their team of technical professionals in Burlington, Ontario.
The company is a global leader in general and robotic automation and material handling systems for a diverse range of clients. Reporting to the Projects Operations Manager, this position strictly entails robotic configuring, developing, integrating, and motions programming. This is a specialist position, specifically geared towards robotics.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Programming robots
- Develop ideas and make changes in the automated cell to reduce cost and downtime
- High Involvement in equipment installation
- Ability to look for root cause analysis
- Perform and schedule preventative maintenance activities
- Repairs, installations, and maintenance of robotic equipment
- Configuring and developing motion programs
- Working with communication modules
- Arrange program requirements in programming sequence, encodes program requirements
- To be able to configure, set-up and commission from base model robot
- A wide variety of robot applications
- Experience with Motoman, Fanuc, and ABB
- Develop application using robot simulation software
- Responsible to develop and maintain a high level of understanding of all aspects of robots in related industries
- Mentor fellow employees in robotic applications
- Assist the sales and design departments with cost estimates and applications
- Travel to job sites as required
Education and Experience:
- High regard for safety requirements
- Experience with Motoman, Fanuc, and ABB robots
- I/O capabilities and communication prodigals
- Knowledge of industry standards
- Strong understanding of robotic systems
- Able to do qualitative/quantitative analysis with robotic systems
- Some knowledge of PLC and HMI programming
- College or industry degree in industrial robot applications
- 5 -10 years of experience
Excellent computer skills
- Extensive oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your resume' in confidence directly to Mary Cyriac (firstname.lastname@example.org), Recruitment Consultant. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.