David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for an Operations Support Divisional Logistics Analysts.
The Operations Support Divisional Logistics Analyst is responsible for developing pre-planned routes with assigned vehicles and drivers for specific geographic areas. The Logistics Specialist must be able to develop or maintain models for logistics uses, such as demand forecasting. This position also must be capable of explaining in common terms how these systems work together to our front-line management.
Accountability and Performance Measures:
- Analyzes, manipulates, organizes and modifies data using a variety of tools and techniques such as geo-coding and spatial analysis.
- Coordinate daily with local distribution team to monitor and help with daily execution.
- Monitor daily execution with frequency and day adherence reporting to department head and local team.
- Liaison between local team and central sales force on delivery schedules for all customers.
- Collaborates with location specific distribution resources to communicate derived routes and negotiate changes required based on area knowledge.
- Maintains and manages route logistics databases with information like facilities, resources, vehicles and drivers.
- Assesses, analyzes and evaluates data related to existing processes and recommends process improvements to the Department Head and Senior Management as needs are determined.
- Provides troubleshooting and auditing of data to address issues and evaluate the accuracy and completeness of information.
- Performs required data cleansing activities to correct problems.
- Develops, maintains and edits maps using mapping technology such as Descartes Sales and Territory Planner. Conducts research of required data and facilitates the interfaces required to import this data.
- Subject matter expert on Descartes solutions used in the creation of plans and daily execution
- Provide onsite training and support for all related software to the logistics function within the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ensures the accuracy of the routes with the appropriate assignment of vehicles and drivers.
- Identifies process improvements to enhance customer service and reduce distribution costs.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the solutions provided by the automated route planning software through detailed working knowledge of how the background optimizer (BGO) makes routing decisions.
- Identifies gaps and areas of improvement in current deployment materials and rewrites them to better facilitate the front-line managers in the organization.
- Provides onsite training and ongoing onsite support for all logistics related initiatives.
- Formal education and training related to data management and analysis or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in applying the principles, tools, techniques and standards of data analysis and management in developing, troubleshooting and maintaining varying quantities of data.
- Knowledge of logistics principles and concepts to understand the data requirements for routing while ensuring relevance, accuracy and completeness of the associated data.
- Knowledge of current and emerging logistics principles, concepts, practices, tools, techniques and technology to develop, adjust and optimize effective routes in an environment of continuous change.
- Excellent knowledge of and demonstrated experience using relevant software (e.g. Descartes Sales and Territory Planner).
- Must be a minimum of an intermediate skill in Microsoft Excel for big data collection and analysis.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Krishna Dunkley, Recruiter, Aplin Office Professionals. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. #LI-GTA
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.