David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a talented Full Stack Web Developer. Under the direction of the IT Manager, this successful incumbent will be responsible for the overall architecture of the client's websites and applications including the information flow from user experience to server and content management system functionality. Responsibilities include the development/deployment, upkeep and continuous operation of the client's cloud-based web including the oversight and undertaking of front and back-end web development in collaboration with other staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Develop, maintain, update, test and support the client's websites and all associated infrastructure, including implementing new technologies
- Analyze, plan, design and configure cloud infrastructure solutions, translating business requirements into scalable, flexible and secure cloud architecture
- Recommend, apply and support technology standards, road maps, frameworks, processes and policies for core web infrastructure, front end and back end development
- Ensure and facilitate the development and application of best technology development and content practices and methodologies, operational practices and procedures (continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline, code review and versioning, performance and load testing, development life cycle.)
- Provide senior level support and subject matter expertise for complex problems with all elements of the website
- Participate in cyber security and information security assessments including intrusion prevention, platform vulnerabilities and implement solutions
- Collaborate with other technology team members to ensure website and application functionality, performance and feature optimization
- 5-7+ years of practical experience in software development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert software engineering and data architecture skills
- Extensive working experience with cloud infrastructure and web development
- Knowledge of AWS, EC2, Docker and Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of microservice architecture
- Knowledge of LAMP, Drupal 8, Drush, Gulp/Grunt, and Composer
- Experience creating and implementing with RESTful APIs
- Expertise in continuous CI, CS, unit testing, git flow, coding best practices
- Experience with DevOps (Ansible, Bash, AWS)
- Knowledge of SASS, CSS3, and HTML DOM management an asset
- Ability to troubleshoot web performance and development issues
- Knowledge of G suite collaboration platform an asset
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to David Newark, Consultant or Kelly Stephan, Recruiter. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.