Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the "super tool of journalists and hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're passionate about building mobile apps that leverage the latest mobile features and technologies. You're focused on optimizing running code to provide a superior mobile experience with as small of an application footprint as possible. You have strong experience developing mobile applications and web services that deliver instant and impactful user experiences. You enjoy sharing your knowledge, mentoring other engineers, and thinking about ways to make a team more efficient.
Our mobile stack is a hybrid product, leveraging Objective-C and Java for a majority of core functionality and React Native for Views that are shared between platforms and our web applications. Our mobile web services are Java based and require a good understanding of mobile/service interface design. Our developers have the opportunity to work across products and platforms, providing API development, core platform and UI development for every feature.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with teams in engineering, business development and client services to deliver groundbreaking products for our clients.
In the first month, you'll:
Within 3 months, you'll:
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web and inbox.
- get up to speed on our mobile stack with overview sessions and deep dives with our team.
- be contributing code to production systems from the get-go.
Within 6 months, you'll:
- develop features on iOS and Android platforms and the corresponding web services that power them
- help to plan new features and architecture improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in mentoring new members of the growing team.
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- independently developing significant features that have a significant impact on our business
- be influential in the direction of the team's technical roadmap, introducing new concepts and practices that improve the experience of clients and streamlines developer experience.
- grow a diverse team to make sure we have the right mix of skills, experience and approach for the future.
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self and support you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training
- Generous leave and flexible hours
- Daily catered Lunch and a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.