As a software engineer intern, you will join our world-class engineering team that is building out Databricks. This includes teams that span a variety of work from working on the cluster manager to building out collaborative features to building software to manage cloud infrastructure. Your team will consist of 5 to 8 engineers with whom you will work on a daily basis. Your team will be responsible for empowering and pushing you to grow as an engineer.
An internship at Databricks will introduce you to leading experts in computer science and influential projects that matter to the field of big data and technology. In order for our interns to gain the most out of their time at Databricks, we will require a minimum commitment of 12 weeks.
- Write client-side and server-side code for the Databricks platform
- Work as an individual and in a team to deliver features or improve architecture
- Commit a change to production within the first month
- Proactively seek feedback and input from other team members and team
- Be able to deliver on small, well-understood deliverables spanning weeks
- Have a BS/MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Proficient in Java, Scala, Python, or other general purpose programming language
- Previous internships where one produced production quality code
- Good knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and OOD/OOP principles
- Rising senior
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems
- Previous internship experience where you contributed production-level code
- 3.5 or above GPA
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark(tm), Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com ( https://databricks.com ).
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation ( https://www.apache.org ).