Data Sciences is looking for a WordPress Developer to work on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of WordPress development, web design, and digital engagement campaigns. We need someone who can build fully functional and great looking websites for our clients (from both front- and back-end) that drive engagement through core WordPress functionality, theme development, custom plugin development and extending the functionality of existing plugins.
- Developing custom, often complex, WordPress-based solutions.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality.
- Establishing and guiding the website's architecture.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Formulating effective, responsive sites and turning them into working themes and plugins.
- Directly integrating websites with other databases and payment processors without relying on a multitude of additional plugins.
- Gathering requirements from clients, planning web projects, estimating job hours, and providing general technical customer service and support.
- Strong knowledge of website development on a LAMP stack.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (we use Bitbucket).
- Strong understanding of WordPress back-end development, including multi-language support and string translations.
- Experience with our existing plugin/framework stack an asset (Gravity Forms, Foundation, ACF).
- Excellent oral and written communication, including ability to draft or adapt web copy a significant asset.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages a significant asset.
What we offer
- A fast-paced work environment where every day is different
- A company that values learning and has 30% PhDs on staff
- From not-for-profit fundraising to improving childhood health, you'll work on projects that have a real impact on people's lives
- A startup feel to your workday and the opportunity to join a growing, multi-disciplinary team
- A competitive health package including dental
Data Sciences is a different type of agency. We bring data and digital together to deliver unmatched, measurable results.
Data Sciences is a group of leading experts in the fields of data analytics, research, digital marketing and user engagement. Together we help organizations — including Canadian and international NGOs, political parties, and major companies — leverage data to produce measurable results.
Data Sciences is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and employment equity. We believe that the most successful teams are those made up of people from diverse backgrounds with diverse belief systems. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome.
Job Type: Full-time
- Digital engagement: 1 year (Preferred)
- WordPress: 3 years (Preferred)
- English and French (Preferred)