Dash In Food Stores is a convenience store chain that prides itself on being a hub for convenient living, offering fresh and prepared food, beverages and fuel, 24 hours a day.
We are currently searching for Sales Associates to join our Dash In team at our corporate store in Glen Burnie, MD! The essential function of this position will be to provide customer service including assistance to customers, preparation of consumable food items to meet the guidelines of regulatory agencies and company standards, project a positive image of the company while in prescribed uniform, proper recording of sales and cash control, and maintain store appearance and cleanliness standards.
- While standing and moving within the register and food preparation area behind the service counter, reach and retrieve items from floor level to seven feet above the floor and operate store and food service equipment which will include an electronic cash register, gasoline console, credit card machines, money order machines, TACC (Timed Access Cash Control Machines), food stamp machine, deep fryer, slicers, scale, grill, hot dog cookers, ovens, display cases and breading machines; operate floor buffer in aisles and open spaces of sales floor.
- Control cash to accuracy as prescribed in company policy manuals for overages and shortages.
- Maintain stock levels, food service items and general merchandise by stocking shelves, reaching items from packing cartons and placing items on display units ranging from floor level to seven feet above the floor and move cases weighing up to 35 pounds to retrieve needed stock selection.
- Using proper lifting techniques and with assistance, lift and place in service, up to five feet above floor level, five gallon soft drink containers which may be BIB (Bag In a Box) or cylinders weighing between 50 and 65 pounds.
- Using proper lifting and or climbing techniques lift containers of cubed ice weighing up to 15 pounds to a height of six feet to fill ice dispensers for fountain drinks.
- Using proper lifting techniques and with assistance, lift and place in service, up to five feet above floor level, potatoes and crates of pre-cut chicken weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain physical store appearance by sweeping, mopping floors, buffing as required, cleaning rest rooms and residual internal and external equipment, maintain exterior appearance by picking up trash and refuse from grassy areas, shrubbery beds and parking lots and emptying trash containers into dumpsters.
- If authorized by manager, measure product and check for water in underground storage tanks and record results in accordance with company guidelines
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior customer service experience a must
- Prior work experience with running computerized register system.
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
- Reading and mathematics skills required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and be at least 18 years of age.
- Background and drug screen required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.10 /hour
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Glen Burnie, MD (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week:
- Store Discount
- Retirement Plan
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Lead
- Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
Employees working per shift:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift