This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business offering a dynamic workplace. DAS is a leading provider of Legal Expense Insurance, a relatively new class of business in Canada, providing Canadians with: financial protection from costly legal expenses, the ability to defend or pursue their legal rights, and unlimited access to a legal helpline. We nurture the talent and skills of our employees by giving them an opportunity to embrace the challenges of working in a smaller, fast-paced, entrepreneurial insurance company. That dynamic, along with many other reasons, is why DAS Canada was selected as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada 2018! Our co-op placements provide you with an excellent opportunity to practically apply your classroom and technical training in the insurance industry. While with our team, you’ll be; coached by experienced industry professionals, exposed to DAS leadership, challenged as a valuable team member and contributor doing meaningful work, and mentored to develop a solid foundation that will help position you as a future leader in the field.
As the Marketing Co-op, you’ll be reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing and working closely alongside a team of experienced professionals in the insurance industry. Your creativity, energy, and self-motivation will serve well in this dynamic role that will expose you to our full marketing mix.
Your responsibilities will vary, as you’ll be brought in to support with multiple initiatives on the go. Namely, you’ll be tasked, but not limited to, the following projects:
- Enhancing our social media activity (LinkedIn), Website, and digital analytics;
- Customer Journey Management (Net Promotor Score surveys, testimonial management, etc);
- Management of marketing records and files;
- Assisting with design work.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Marketing major (student or recent graduate) who’s looking to gain exposure and meaningful experience in the field. Specifically, we’re looking for the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree majoring in Marketing – in healthy academic standing;
- Excellent communication skills – spoken & written;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. InDesign)
- Exhibits solid organizational skills and rigorous attention to detail/accuracy in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven capability to multi-task and successfully self-manage multiple priorities and projects of various significance;
- Effective working both independently and as part of a greater team;
- Demonstrates - clear-thinking, curiosity, creativity, and drive;
- Preference for candidates who have relevant work experience, having already completed at least one placement (or approx. 4+ months in-field experience);
- Preference for candidates who are bilingual (French/English).
Note that this opportunity is open to both current students who will be returning to in-class studies upon the completion of the internship, as well as recent graduates who have obtained their undergraduate degree within the past year.
For candidates who are participating in a formal internship program with their school, it’s recommended that you adhere to additional application instructions per the guidelines of your program further to applying on the Munich Re site.