Recent graduates with an accounting internship, highly recommended to apply!
Advantage Management Corporation is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team on a Temp to Hire basis in Eagan, MN. This position will be a strategic partner to their assigned business unit and will work closely with leaders to provide accounting, financial analysis and forecasting expertise. We have a strong leadership team who is willing to train highly motivated and organized individuals! General responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the financial statements and forecasts for assigned business unit.
- Attending and participating in meetings with business unit leaders and key personnel in order to understand the trends, events and decisions being made in the operation of the business unit. Communicating relevant plans, opportunities and issues to members of the management team.
- Analysis projects including: maintenance performance and trends, workers compensation, health and auto insurance, and fuel adjustments.
- Establishing and enforcing working procedures and processes for accounting personnel. Implementing new approaches as necessary to enhance workflow of the department.
- Assisting with the year end audit and review processes, both internally and externally with auditors.
- Preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and other account analysis. Responsible for inter-company account supervision, control and reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Effective time management skills and ability to organize and prioritize.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to all levels throughout the organization.
- Must be well-organized, with demonstrated ability to manage projects of a large scale, often involving others.
- Must be self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improving areas of responsibility, and implementing corresponding improvement programs.
- Ability to present information, ideas and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Strong Microsoft office excel skills.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting theories, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of tax concepts.
- CPA or in the process of attaining CPA highly preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)