At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients’ work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
Working in a fast paced environment, the candidate will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, and debugging, and deployment of security-focused products and services. We look for problem solvers who can anticipate problems, look beyond immediate issues, and take initiative to improve our software. We believe in short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test driven development, automation wherever possible, to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems. The successful candidate will join a talented team of experienced software engineers, working on challenging projects.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve client and server side security components
- Produce architecture, design and implementation that is secure, reliable, robust, modular, maintainable, scalable and efficient
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Consistently deliver on commitments on time and with quality
- Interest in learning about security and cryptography
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Development experience using Java, C, or C++.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, concurrency, modern design patterns, object-oriented software engineering best practices
- Familiarity with security and cryptogaphy
- Ability to implement complex algorithms
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Familiarity with development and configuration tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with security architecture, cryptography and secure communication protocols
- Understanding of cryptographic algorithms
- Familiarity with common attack types
- Experience with secure development practices