Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone Canada is looking for a Marketing Director - Danone Canada in Mississauga.
The Marketing Director will lead the growth of Danone’s key yogurt brands in Canada. The Director will report directly to the Vice President of Marketing, Strategy & Insights for Canada, and manage a team of 5 brand marketers.
Brand Management and Growth Leadership:
- Develop category and consumer insights for growth
- Develop brand positioning and strategies
- Develop and implement marketing plans in Canada
- Responsibility as the senior point of contact for leadership, cross functional teams, working with cross border management, creative and media agencies
Business Management and Competitive monitoring:
- Analyze and monitor the performance of the category and competitors (internal data, Nielsen, panels and Ad Hoc studies, competitive intelligence)
- Responsible for volume forecasting in collaboration with demand planning and sales strategy
P&L and Budget Management:
- Establish the initial budgets and brand P&L in collaboration with finance and the VP Marketing
- Ensure projects stay on budget and on time
- Oversee the marketing spend and allocation of resources driving improved brand health and profitable brand growth
- Manage and oversee the development of your team (direct and indirect)
- As a member of the Canadian Marketing Leadership Team, develop and implement strategies and projects to build marketing competencies within the overall marketing organization
- Work effectively with sales, project management, finance, Supply Chain, R&D, and other cross functional team members to lead efforts for growth
Cross Functional Influence:
- Work with business team partners (including Sales, Operations, R&D and quality) to ensure commercialization and consumer go to market brand strategies come to life
- Actively participate in marketing leadership team to insure talent and skill development
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Minimum of 10 years of consumer packaged goods experience in brand management (3 years at senior level)
- Bachelor of Business Administration with specialization in Marketing (or MBA)
- Proven track record of developing successful brand growth strategies leveraging various elements of marketing mix
- Experience managing various business growth modes (start-up, turnaround, sustained brand leadership)
- Strong understanding of business P&L management and ability to connect drivers
- Strong analytic skills with experience in both quantitative and qualitative tools.
- Extensive experience leading cross functional project teams through brand building initiatives
- Strong communication skills and professional maturity managing vertically & horizontally with an organization
- Proven ability to influence decisions at all levels and cultivate business relationships
- Start up, entrepreneurial mindset with a “can do” attitude
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to learn quickly, with strong sense of autonomy and ability to make decisions
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Danone Canada’s ambition is to produce healthful dairy, plant-based products and coffee creamers and beverages; create economic and social value; and nurture natural ecosystems through sustainable agriculture. Its portfolio of brands includes Activia, Oikos, DanActive, Danone, Silk plant-based foods and beverages, So Delicious Dairy Free and more.