Development & Fundraising Manager
Position Type: Full Time (35 hours per week)
Job location: DTRC National Office, downtown Toronto
Application deadline: June 30th, 2019
The Dancer Transition Resource Centre is a national not-for-profit charitable organization that helps dancers make necessary transitions into, within and from professional performing careers. For more information visit our website www.dtrc.ca
The DTRC is an organization that is working to embed the values of individual and group differences within its working environment. We strive to embrace the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of our staff, members, arts community and partners. Indigenous peoples, people of colour, and people across the spectrums of gender, sexuality, age, and abilities are encouraged to apply. If you have questions or concerns about accessibility throughout the hiring process, please contact us.
Position available: The Dancer Transition Resource Centre (DTRC) is looking for a creative, innovative individual to expand the organization’s efforts to diversify funding by developing and implementing a strategic national fundraising program. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development & Fundraising Manager will be responsible for maximizing the DTRC’s fundraising revenue through donations from individuals, government, corporations and foundations, major and planned gifts, and special events across the country.
- Expands, develops and implements a fundraising strategy which will provide regular sources of income for the DTRC.
- In partnership with regional staff members, identifies, cultivates and manages private funding prospects to diversify income.
- Plans and organizes Annual Donor Campaign and Special Events.
- Develops and tracks proposals and reports for government, foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Manages the recognition and stewardship of donors.
- Provides direction and support to national staff and board for fundraising and communication activities.
- Keeps abreast of giving trends and social media technologies to maximize fundraising opportunities.
- Evaluates fundraising programs, analyzing progress against targets.
- Relevant degree or diploma in fundraising, cultural management, marketing, public administration and/or arts administration or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of legal regulations governing fundraising practices as they relate to not-for-profit and charitable organizations.
- Strong interest in dance.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with excellent French language proficiency being highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing.
- Creative, with excellent interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Well-developed computer skills - knowledge of InDesign and GiftWorks is an asset.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with co-workers and volunteers.
Salary range: $40,000 - $45,000 (Commensurate with experience)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes must be received by June 30th, 2019