The National Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing key strategic accounts and building valuable long lasting business relationships with our customers’ supply chain, and buyers. This position is also responsible for meeting sales budgets and generating new programs and/or promotions to help increase revenue and profits for Danby. They are also responsible for coordinating and managing inventory, shipping schedules, developing forecasting plans and executing all promotions with their key accounts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the company’s attainment of volume, revenue and profit targets with an emphasis on building a strong reputation for DPL through superior customer service
- Create account road maps that outline short term and medium term activity and direction
- Conduct analysis to manage sales performance against corporate objectives and market developments
- Provide input from sales to marketing – including growth, competitive analysis, market trends, and the business environment – for strategic planning purposes
- Conduct sales forecasts and weekly and/or monthly status reports
- Assist in collection of accounts receivable in conjunction with A/R staff to ensure rapid and effective collection
- Maintains and monitors sales growth with each account against budget
- Tracks product segments and remains knowledgeable on competitors product offerings and service capabilities to ensure DPL’s competitive advantage
- University degree in Business and/or Marketing is required plus three to seven years related experience in managing national accounts
- Thorough knowledge of the appliance industry and retail channels is required
- Able to demonstrate strong business skills related to negotiating, budgeting, analyzing sales figures, presenting and selling products to clients
- An excellent grasp of brand building and customer service coupled with strong communications skills and the ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with company departments, key business partners and customers
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required
The Key Account Manager works in an office setting. This individual spends most of their time in a seated position. Data entry is required on a daily basis. Frequent travel in Canada and limited travel to the U.S is required.
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!