Senior Corporate Accountant
Dalton Pharma Services is a market leader in pharmaceutical contract research and manufacturing, the winner of CMO Leadership Awards in the past three consecutive years and has been recognized as one of the Top 50 Best Workplaces(tm) in Canada in 2018, making its mark amongst Canadian leaders, innovators and visionaries.
At Dalton, our people are our greatest strength, and our success has been built on our technical capabilities and the way we manage our relationships with each other. Our culture is supportive and innovative, driven by some of the Industry's best and brightest people helping us make the impossible possible, compliantly.
Are you at the point in your career where you are looking for an environment where you're inspired to explore your passions, where your talents are nurtured and cultivated? Do you strive to innovate with leading-edge scientific technologies? If so, join our team of innovative drug developers working together to bring innovative, life changing discoveries to the global market.
We are currently looking for an experienced Corporate Accountant to work in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for maintaining all financial records, and provide financial and Management Information to Management, ensure compliance with statutory financial regulations
To qualify for this position, the candidate must possess the qualifications:
Duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Develop, prepare, produce, and analyze periodic financial statements and management reports. Prepare period-end lead sheets
- Maintain GL and prepare FS of holding companies
- Coordinate accounts receivable, including invoicing, collections, and customer issues
- Manage credit availability
- On-line payments. All statutory/trust and credit card payments are made when due
- Process payroll, including annual reporting to government
- Manage transactions arising from account review
- Manage transactions arising from B/S account maintenance
- Prepare quarterly reporting packages to bank. Manage covenants
- Facilitate year-end audit with external auditors
- Weekly reports to management
- Coordinate completion of timesheets/expense reports
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Assist Controller in preparation of annual budget
- Assist Controller in improving internal controls
- Assist Controller in leveraging accounting system's functionality and implementing other automation initiatives.
- Ad hoc as assigned
- Duties as delegated by immediate supervisor.
- Finalize year-end accounts of the group of companies for audit by external accountants and work with outside CA firm to minimize expenses.
- Assist in the development, implementation of cost and accounting control systems in all affiliated companies in accordance with management objectives and strategic plans.
- Support team effort in all areas of the group of companies.
Education And Experience Requirements
- A designation from a professional accounting body either from Canada, USA, or UK
- Over 5 years of progressive financial accounting and reporting experience.
- Working knowledge of government regulations like GST, PST, EHT, WSIB etc
- Experience in implementation of process improvements, enhanced internal controls, and/or system conversions and new functionalities
- Very strong technical, analytical, communication, interpersonal skills and short learning curve.
- Can work in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment
- Sound understanding of processes and controls supporting the preparation of financial reports.
- Experience in use of MS Dynamics GP or other ERP systems, Payroll processing, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 7 years (Preferred)