Accountant II (226 Days) -(20200108-026)
- Identifies the training, learning, and support needs of the office managers in an assigned school division.
Masters content and process knowledge relevant to campuses in regards to the chart of accounts, general accounting, grant accounting, grant compliance, accounts payable, procurement, product receiving, activity funds, accounting software, and other finance and accounting content areas. Masters this content and process knowledge through diligent study of the DISD Budget Training Guide, DISD Legal and Local policies, Texas Education Agency Financial Accountability System Resource Guide (FASRG), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards, attendance at monthly office managers’ workshop and TASBO courses, and active knowledge-sharing with peers.
- Each year, spends an average of four workdays visiting each campus in assigned division, delivering high quality training, customer service, and support for campus office managers and principals in finance and accounting content areas, based on the identified learning, training, and support needs of the office managers and principals.
- Supports campus-based general funds, special revenue funds, and activity funds management, including support for the financial software and hardware needs of office managers and principals. Monitors campus bank reconciliations for timely and correct completion each month, and instructs the campus on how to correct the reconciliation and ledger, as required.
Promptly responds to calls from campuses, and satisfactorily addresses the queries and requests.
- As requested by supervisor, assists in operational analysis, process standards, metrics, and bench marking efforts. Implements campus business practice performance measurements as directed by supervisor.
- Ensures the timely production, delivery, and maintenance of records and reports as required by district policy, administration, supervisor, internal and external auditors, the Texas Comptroller, and the IRS.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree with an Accounting major. Alternatively, a bachelor’s degree with a non-Accounting major may be acceptable if the applicant has four years’ experience in school or governmental accounting.
- Ability to perform a bank reconciliation required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite preferred.
Work Locations: Financial Services SUITE 1620 9400 N CENTRAL EXPRESSWAY Dallas 75231
Minimum Salary: 61,727.00
Median Salary: 75,278
Job Posting: Jan 15, 2020