This team member will support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department by preparing
journal entries, assisting in monthly closings, and completing general ledger and balance sheet account analysis.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts to
ensure the integrity of company financial statements.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings and
preparation of financial statements.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of the
- Completes general ledger account analysis.
- Timely voucher and expense report processing.
- Accounts payable voucher entry (account
- Expense Reimbursement review and processing.
- Prepare analysis as requested.
- Account/bank reconciliations.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal
financial controls and procedures.
- Will be required to effectively research, track and
resolving (or properly reference) accounting or documentation problems and
- Is expected to collaborate with all other
stakeholders including Sales, Purchasing, Production Planning, Operations and
- Maintains files,
including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable
documentation, and other miscellaneous filings. Department files are appropriately maintained
for easy access, including scanning for electronic filing.
- Support the Accounting
Department with other business activities as needed and requested by the Controller.
- Endeavor to be a positive example at all times;
through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and
compliance with its policies.
degree in Accounting, Finance and Administration, Masters preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years’ experience, 5 years preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Cost accounting experience highly preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Good math and analytical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Proficient in Microsoft
Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel. Has experience working with