Recreation and Culture Services
May to September - 35 hours / week
October to April - 24 hours / week
Rate of Pay
Job Length/End Date
Permanent Part Time
Internal and External
Reporting to the Event Coordinator within the Event Services Section, you will have a role in Event Management areas such as administration, marketing, event programming and operations. Specifically, you will be the lead in areas including, but not limited to: contest management, equipment maintenance and inventory management; and surveying. In addition, you will assist the Event Coordinators in their day to day functions as it relates to a robust Festivals and Events portfolio servicing the Community. You will also be responsible for executing aspects of events as requested, and will be required to attend events outside of normal working hours (hours will be flexed accordingly) as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative assistance to staff within the Event Services Section in the planning and delivery of festivals and events led by Event Services.
- Directly lead in areas of Event Management including administration, marketing, programming, operations, and post mortem
- Developing and implementing a contest management plan for new and existing contests at events;
- Overseeing equipment/supplies inventory and storage including maintenance and replenishing as needed;
- Inputting survey information and developing statistical reports specific to community feedback.
- Will serve as the primary contact for external applications that are submitted for consideration specific to vendor/exhibitor and entertainer applications.
- Will provide assistance to staff in their primary job functions as it pertains to other areas of Event Management
- Scheduling, preparing and taking minutes during meetings; research and benchmarking;
- Financial tracking; processing of community event permits; updating resource manuals; toolkits; forms;
- Preparing event documents; info/orientation packages; contact lists; accreditation; equipment lists
- Volunteer management; risk management; transportation and safety; waste management
- Provides assistance with event set up, execution and tear down under the direction of Section staff.
- Assists with the implementation of emergency protocols as required.
- Work effectively with all event attendees, vendors/entertainers/suppliers, volunteers and staff.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures
Education and Experience
- Graduate of post-secondary program in Event Management or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience in the field of Event Management, Marketing and/or Administration in a Corporate environment
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Requires a dedicated, customer-service oriented individual who is organized, works well in a team environment, takes direction well, has superb administrative skills and is ready to contribute to a growing Section within the Corporation
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills;
- Rational decision making skills including negotiation and problem solving abilities;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Well-developed research and writing skills for presentations and business correspondence;
- Team player and experience working in committees and with volunteers;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software; Computer graphic software knowledge would be considered a definite asset;
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including lifting and carrying of heavy equipment and working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License, and have access to a vehicle for use on corporate business (mileage compensated) and will be required to provide proof of vehicle insurance upon hire
- Demonstrates good judgment and makes sound decisions
- Shows commitment to personal growth, development, and leadership opportunities
- Shares new ideas and challenges the status quo
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with honesty, openness, respect, and trust
- Takes initiative to participate in a culture of learning, mentoring, and sharing
- Contributes to building and being a part of a positive culture
- Demonstrate the City’s corporate values of care, collaboration, courage and service
Attention Internal Candidates: All current City of Richmond Hill employees are required to apply via the ‘View Jobs for Current Employees’ link on the City’s Careers Page.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The City of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.