The City of Quinte West is situated on the shores of the beautiful Bay of Quinte. We are located directly along the Highway 401 corridor approximately 1.5 hours east of Toronto and 2.5 hours west of Ottawa. Over 43,000 people make Quinte West home.
Quinte West's natural setting, with its attractive scenic backdrop of rolling hills, rich farmland and clean waterways, creates a healthy environment for working, living, and raising a family. Safe, well-planned neighbourhoods and plenty of recreational activities make Quinte West the ideal place to visit or call "home".
Day Camp Leader
Economic Development and Tourism Services
Senior Tourism and Special Events Officer
Purpose and Scope:
Participate in the planning and leading of a safe and well balanced Summer Day Camp Program for the Hastings County/City of Quinte West Backyard Bonanza Day Camp.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and development of a summer activities program.
- Lead a balanced program of games, music, drama, crafts and sports specifically designed for the benefit and well-being of the participants.
- To supervise all participants to ensure safety at all times whether it be on site, on a day trip or at a special event.
- To remain flexible, staying focused and being prepared for the daily events of camp.
- To complete all required paperwork including program plans, daily diaries, records and accident forms in a timely manner.
- To perform site inspections every morning and evening to ensure the program area is safe and clean.
- Transport craft and sporting equipment from one of two day camp sites to the other on a daily basis.
- As a representative of the City of Quinte West, to remain professional at all times with regards to: the children/their families, dealing with the public, staff partners at Hastings County and your appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
The position will require:
Nice to have:
- Minimum one year of Post-Secondary School in teaching/early childcare education/social services or related program.
- Be registered in a full time Post-Secondary School Program and be returning in the Fall.
- A valid "G" Licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Provide a Drivers Abstract.
- Provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Up to date First Aid/CPR Certification
- Team oriented
- Excellent communication skills
This position will have direct contact with:
- Previous day camp experience.
- Experience working with Children ages 4 - 12.
- Demonstrated team work and leadership skills.
Senior Tourism and Special Events Officer, Day Camp Coordinator.
Participating children & parents, the general public, County staff partners.
- A minimum of three (3) months of work experience required.
- This position has minimal responsibility related to decision making affecting the department.
- This position does not oversee other staff.
- Work indoors and outdoors on a regular basis.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the City of Quinte West is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process.