Please note: Applications will only be accepted Monday, January 7, 2019 through Thursday, January 10, 2019.
The Public Health Department is seeking a Graduate Management Intern to provide support to the Community Health Services Division working in the All Children Thrive and California Oral Health Programs. This position will work to support local capacity for implementation of the 2017 Greater Pasadena Community Health Improvement Plan for children's oral health and overall well-being of children and families with a focus on health equity.
The ideal candidate is adaptable, goal-oriented, punctual, and willing to learn, and possesses knowledge and/or an interest in early childhood development, oral health, maternal child adolescent health, and early health indicators. This position is limited to 18 months and requires graduation from a Master's program in a related field. Come join our team!
The major responsibilities of this position are listed below. For more detailed information, please review the job description.
- Applies research and analytical techniques to the study of administrative and organizational problems, policies, and practices.
- Analyzes data surveys and reports.
- Coordinates and follows up on a variety of special projects and programs.
- Prepares written reports and proposals.
- Participates in the design and implementation of a community health assessment.
- Participates in the implementation of a prioritized strategic plan to address the health needs of infants, children and families and other underserved or vulnerable populations.
- Assists in preparing presentations; assists in the evaluation of local resources for community engagement and outreach.
- Provides general program support and performs additional related duties as assigned.
The following list represents the core competencies needed for success in this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Actions & Results Focus - Initiating tasks and focusing on accomplishment.
- Attention to Detail - Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products.
- Presentation Skills - Formally delivering information to groups.
- Involving Others - Engaging others for input, contribution, and shared responsibility for outcomes.
- Analyzing & Interpreting Data - Drawing meaning and conclusions from quantitative or qualitative data.
- Fact Finding - Obtaining facts and data pertaining to an issue or question.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in public health, public policy, social work, public administration or closely related field with a specialization in the public sector.
- Academic or professional experience in data assessment, research, community engagement and grants management is preferred.
The selection process may consist of a training and experience evaluation, written examination, interview panel, and departmental interview.
There is currently one vacancy in the Public Health Department. The resulting eligibility list from this recruitment may be used to fill this vacancy and similar vacancies in the future.
The classification of Graduate Management Intern is an at-will classification and not eligible for regular employment status. This is an 18-month program.