The City of Orillia has an opening for a part-time position (maximum of 24 hours per week) of Waste Diversion Site Attendant in the Environmental Services and Operations Department.
- Clean and care for buildings and facilities to ensure they are maintained in a safe and healthy manner.
- Maintain storage areas, cleaning equipment, materials and supplies.
- Household hazardous waste depot attendant.
- Weighscale/Scalehouse operations, processing chargeable and non-chargeable loads, answering phone calls, two-way radio communications with collection drivers.
- Operate tractor including loading compost and fire wood.
- Rotating Saturday shift duties.
- Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess an Ontario class G driver's licence with an acceptable driver's abstract.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment.
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products.
The successful candidate is required to obtain an acceptable Criminal Record Check at their expense, at the time of offer.
Compensation for this position is $18.02 to $21.63 per hour for a maximum of 24 hours per week. Applicants are invited to submit their resume (electronic submission must be in MS Word format) in confidence by May 17, 2019 at noon.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.02 /hour