Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hours per week See Below*
$53,672 to $63,083 per annum + comprehensive benefits package
This is a customer centric, compliance oriented regulatory enforcement role in which you will patrol the City districts and parkades by vehicle and on foot to ensure compliance with the Street and Traffic Bylaw and other regulations. You will be responsible for issuing warning notices or tickets for Bylaw infractions; servicing parking meters and pay stations; collecting revenues from parking meters and pay stations; explaining and interpreting Bylaw regulations to the public; appearing in court or at hearings to give testimony; reporting faulty or broken pay stations and meters; and performing other assigned work as required.
- Completion of Grade 12 and related experience in enforcement/regulatory work or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to candidates with Bylaw Level I and conflict resolution training and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with the public in a firm but tactful manner.
- Sound knowledge of City regulations governing street use permitting and parking matters.
- Strong knowledge of New Westminster’s Street and Traffic Bylaw as related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of the municipal street layout.
- Some knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in servicing and repairing parking meters and pay stations.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records related to the work.
- Ability to give accurate evidence in court related to disputed bylaw violations.
- Ability to walk long distances and work outside in any type of weather.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under minimal supervision.
- The successful candidate must pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
- Valid BC Drivers’ License with a clean driving record.
- The successful applicant must be available to work afternoons and evenings, Tuesday to Saturday.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition # 19-17, by February 11, 2019
to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.