Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Parks and Recreation
Regular Part Time
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
$30.38 - $35.74 per hour
The City of New Westminster has earned a proud reputation for civic leadership, service delivery and outstanding employee relations. We offer our employees great work-life balance; competitive salaries and benefit plans (including pension); education and training opportunities; and challenging and rewarding work. We are looking for a high energy individual to perform marketing and communications work involved in the planning, development, and implementation of marketing strategies, policies, and initiatives for the Parks and Recreation Department. Reporting to the Manager, Recreation Services, you will work in collaboration with the Parks and Recreation Graphic Designer and the City communications team.
The Program Coordinator – Marketing serves the Parks and Recreation Department by writing and overseeing production for advertising media and print publications, Active Living Guide, and other Parks and Recreation publications; promoting recreation facilities, programs and events; developing and implementing program and membership marketing; reviewing promotions and marketing campaigns, evaluating and reporting out; maintaining and updating websites; coordinating the planning, promotion, and implementation of a variety of promotional materials; supporting the implementation of City graphic standards policies across facilities and programs; assisting with marketing planning, policies and procedures as applied to the Parks and Recreation department; planning, assigning, supervising, and the budget, monitoring revenues and expenditures, and submitting reports; and researching current marketing developments in relation to community programs and promotions.
- Degree or diploma in communications or a related discipline supplemented by at least 3 - 5 years of experience, preferably in a municipal environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques involved in public relations, advertising and education programs, especially as they relate to government agencies and organizations.
- Considerable knowledge of desktop publishing and website management principles as well as writing, graphic arts, photography and print production best practices.
- Considerable experience with social media and marketing for an organization/corporation.
- Extensive knowledge and work experience using Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to assist in the planning, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of promotion, education and public relations initiatives, programs and events.
- Excellent oral communication, superior writing and editing skills.
- Commitment to high standards of customer service with a wide variety of external and internal contacts.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision, showing initiative and creativity in public engagement techniques.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- The successful candidate is required to successfully pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
If you want to be part of a diverse organization committed to service, innovation and excellence, we want to hear from you!
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #18-159, by December 3, 2018
to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The City of New Westminster is committed to employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.