The City of Monrovia invites your application for the position of...
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (METER READER)
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Customer Service Representative Salary: $3,631 - $4,866/mo. (DOQ) plus excellent benefits
The City of Monrovia is engaged in an exciting process of renewal to enhance its position as one of the premier municipalities in the nation. We are looking for a unique individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative in the Public Works Department. The ideal candidate is anything but ordinary – in fact, we are looking for the extraordinary! Ask yourself this...
THE CITY OF MONROVIA
- Does the idea of changing the world that is Monrovia for the better intrigue you?
- Do you have a passion for excellence, a commitment to best practices, and a desire to join a fast-paced and dynamic full-service organization?
- Are you a highly energetic, motivated, creative, outside-the-box thinker who gets excited at the thought of continual improvement?
- Do you want to be a part of a flexible, innovative, and results-oriented organization?
- Are you someone who strives for excellence and desires to be part of a team looking to create an enduringly great municipal organization?
- Are you willing to put the greatness of the Monrovia organization ahead of your own personal ambitions?
- Are you someone who believes in treating people the right way and doing things the right way and doing the right thing right all the time?
- If you answered YES to the questions above, then you will want to consider this outstanding opportunity to work for the City of Monrovia!
Located 20 miles northeast of Los Angeles and nestled at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains, Monrovia is home to nearly 40,000 active and engaged residents who enjoy a premier quality of life in a dynamic City that blends small-town charm with big-city amenities. Monrovia's California heritage can be seen in its tree-lined streets, historic buildings and award-winning downtown, all of which are balanced by a vibrant high-tech/manufacturing economy, outstanding recreation options, superb schools, tremendous shopping and dining options, and first-class cultural opportunities. These factors combine to make Monrovia an extraordinary
THE CITY ORGANIZATION
Monrovia is a general-law city operating under the Council-Manager form of government. The five-member City Council appoints the City Manager who is responsible for the strategic direction and day-to-day operations of the City organization.
The City Manager leads a full-time staff of 250 and a part-time staff of 100 employees while administering a Fiscal Year 2018-19 budget of $135 million.
Monrovia is a full-service municipality that coordinates its operations through seven departments: the City Manager's Office, Administrative Services Department, Community Services Department, Public Works Department, Community Development Department, Police Department and Fire Department. Unique among California cities its size, Monrovia operates its own water system and library.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
The Public Works Department is responsible for operating the City's water and sewer utilities, maintaining safe streets, sidewalks, and transportation options, taking care of the City's eight parks and other green spaces, providing a variety of environmental services, and maintaining all public facilities, such as City Hall, the Library, and the Community Center. The Department strives to provide the highest level of service to Monrovia residents and businesses. The department is organized into three sections: Operations, Field Services and Utilities. Together, the department is responsible for all planning, construction, and maintenance of the City's public infrastructure to create a premier physical environment for the benefit of the City.
The City of Monrovia is looking for a special individual to serve as its Customer Service Representative. The position will appeal to individuals who are inspired by the challenges and opportunities presented in working with an engaged and active community. The Customer Service Representative reports to the Utility System Customer Services Supervisor.
In Monrovia, we believe that the way in which projects are accomplished is just as important as the end result. An individual who is committed to serving with humility
and who can demonstrate high emotional intelligence will be successful in the role. Competitive candidates will have a hunger
to continually search for better ways of doing things and be loyal
to the organization and community. The selected individual will be a smart
, creative, and intuitive thinker and decision maker.
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing operational responsibilities and projects including, but not limited to:
- Interacting with residents, customers, and the Monrovia community
- Helping and assisting with the City's efforts in water conservation
- Reading residential and commercial water meters and recording readings on assigned routes
- Reporting which water meters need testing and investigating possible meter tampering and needed repairs
- Responding, resolving, and investigating customer complaints
- Repairing service line fittings such as gate valves, meter connections and angle valves
- Repairing meters in the field by replacing registers and rearranging boxes