This is a full-time position with the City's Public Works Department. An individual in this position will assist operations of the City's Public Works Department including the operation and maintenance of the water supply, distribution and wastewater collection and treatment facilities. Reporting relationship: Utilities Manager
Examples of Work:
- Implementing and administering contract requirements: processing requisitions for purchase orders; processing invoices, and providing billing information to Finance Department.
- Inputting data required to be reported by the City to MUD's, Subsidence District, Gulf Coast Water Authority, and State Government Departments.
- Collecting data needed for the City studies, reports, plans and projects. Drafting and manipulating spreadsheet data documents.
- Preparing and distributing educational material, answering telephone and email inquiries; providing information to supervisors to use in informed decisions about future operations, contracts, educational needs, etc.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings. Drafting meeting agendas and assembling meeting information packets. Attending meetings and drafting meeting minutes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Subject to 24 hour recall.
Education, Experience, or Certification: An Associates degree in Accounting, Business Management, Engineering, and Public Administration from an accredited college or university, or two (2) years relevant professional experience are desired.
Supplemental Information: The Department of Human Resources & Organizational Development may consider an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.