Under the supervision of the Manager, Transit Business Systems, responsible for basic repair, maintenance and testing of bus equipment, i.e. radios, cameras, fare collection, AVL equipment to ensure bus availability. The successful candidate will be:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the maintenance of bus equipment.
- Responsible for on-board radio, cameras, fare collection and AVL Equipment, trouble shooting and low level component repairs.
- Working to develop structure problem solving plans to test for potential problems and develop solutions pro-actively.
- In conjunction with the manager, developing a system wide preventative maintenance program and carrying out preventative maintenance work against an established schedule.
- Ensuring stable and smooth implementation of changes and/or repairs to minimize downtime.
- Identifying work and following up on work contracted to the vendor.
- Ensuring that records are complete and accurate.
- Providing related information to the manager at regular intervals for budget monitoring and vendor management purposes.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of safe work practices.
- Ensuring that systems and process changes adhere to manufacturer's specifications and/or transit's modified standards.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate from a recognized post-secondary program in Electronics or related discipline is required.
- Certification as a Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) is an asset.
- Minimum of three to five years related experience in the field.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams and follow technical instructions.
- Ability to utilize basic office software, including MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work from orders and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Previous experience with radio communication systems and bus equipment, i.e. automatic vehicle locator (AVL), automatic passenger counters, bus cameras, on-board computers, and electronic fare collection systems is required.
- Ability to identify and co-ordinate work for contractor services and measure quality of such.
- Demonstrated competency with electronic components repairs and problem solving.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and demonstrated safe work practices on the job.
- Must possess a valid class G driver's license with a drivers record acceptable to the City and use of own vehicle is required.
- Ability to carry out the full range of physical demands of the position such as continuous standing and walking to repair bus equipment.
- Exposure to work in and out of a garage environment, which is impacted by weather conditions.
- Requires flexibility on a rotation basis to cover shift hours outside of a regular workday.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 29.42 - $ 39.23
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Semenyk Court
Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Mississauga Transit , MT Transit Business Systems
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.