Under the direction of the Supervisor, Stores/Building and Route the successful candidate will provide maintenance parts in a timely, cost-efficient fashion and manage inventory while providing one to one customer service on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete internal order forms for supplies, equipment and parts.
- Receive and verify shipments; completes credit return forms for all stock items being returned.
- Enter data into computer system to maintain inventory records.
- Pick up parts and supplies from suppliers and other Transit garage locations as required.
- Notify contract persons or receipt and/or deliver parts to contact.
- Distribute parts and supplies at the counters as required.
- Perform daily consumable inventories i.e. fuel levels, oils, etc. and inform Supervisor of stock shortages.
- Catalogue and identify all stock items on parts room shelves and re-arrange as required.
- Package and/or label parts and supplies, obtain authorizations, organize transport and prepare weigh bils for shipment.
- Perform clerical and administrative functions pertaining to the Stores Section as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum grade 12 education is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a parts environment with extensive knowledge related to part and inventory management required.
- Heavy equipment knowledge within a Cummings/Voith environment and Transit Bus/Trucking industry parts knowledge would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to use equipment parts manuals and online manuals.
- Strong organizational skills along with ability to attend accurately to details.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service to effectively deal with mechanics and suppliers/vendors.
- Strong knowledge or computer applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Knowledge of SAP and Fleet Management Systems would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of OHSA, WHMIS, and Hazardous Goods preferred.
- Previous experience in using and operating a Forklift is required.
- Must hold a valid "G" License with a driving record in good standing and acceptable to the City. A Driver's Abstract will be required.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 47,263 - 63,018
Hours of Work: 40
Work Location: Mississauga Transit
Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Mississauga Transit , MT Maintenance
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.