Under the direction of the Manager, Culture Services, the successful candidate is responsible for leading a team to strategically position the Culture Division’s programs and services to retain existing customers, improve revenue and attract new audiences. The position will develop and implement a broad spectrum of marketing initiatives including research and fulfilment projects, strategies and tactical plans within the Culture Division.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and interpret marketing research and analysis on customer needs, values, expectations, participation trends, market segmentation and product and service development opportunities through the use of survey data, census and customer databases;
- Incorporate trend-setting marketing research and advertising approaches to ensure the Division’s brand and relevancy in the market place is maintained;
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Divisional and business lines marketing work plan, strategies and associated budgets;
- Advise internal clients and prepare marketing strategies and plans that deliver focussed and measurable results;
- Complete marketing research and tactical projects including concept/scope development, project planning, budgeting, procurement, implementation and evaluation;
- Research, write and deliver a wide variety of marketing communication materials including advertising copy, website copy, event materials and displays, newsletters, brochures, articles and publications;
- Supervise, coach and mentor Marketing Consultants and student interns as required and provide marketing training and skill development to staff;
- Procure and maintain effective relationships with internal and external suppliers (i.e.: Creative Services, Printing, Business Planning, Purchasing, Communications, Newspapers, Websites) to ensure marketing and research needs of the Division are met;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business / Marketing / Public Relations or related field with a minimum of 3 - 5 years of professional experience in a leadership role;
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic marketing strategies with a focus on digital and experiential marketing;
- Demonstrated experience creating, planning and executing tactical marketing and product promotion plans;
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff;
- Excellent research, technical report writing, budgeting, project planning and project management skills;
- Proficient in customer research, including customer value measurement and geo-demographic analysis;
- Creative problem solver with the necessary skills to perform in a fast-pasted municipal environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member on an assigned project with equally successful results;
- Experience coordinating the creative development process and writing print and web copy related to assigned projects;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel, publishing software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, CLASS, MS Publisher), web and social media channels;
- An understanding of Mississauga’s arts and culture community is an asset.
Temporary Full Time Contract To April 2020#LI-CMS
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 79,251.00 - $ 105,669.00
Hours of Work: 35 Hours
Work Location: 201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Culture Division , Culture Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.