Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Customer Service - Revenue the successful candidate will be an integral member of the Customer Service team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Customer Service Representative will:
- Process and maintain informational changes to the Tax account provided by taxpayers, law offices and banks while ensuring integrity of the tax system is maintained.
- Research and respond to Revenue counter inquiries from taxpayers, lawyers, mortgagees and agents.
- Process tax certificate, local improvement, statement, duplicate bill and receipt requests received at the counter and ensure appropriate fees are received and deposited.
- Process various transactions received at the Cashiers counter or through the pneumatic tube system from all departments including cash, cheque, debit and/or credit card payments.
- Balance transactions for daily deposit and prepare cash summary sheets.
- Respond to way finding, informational inquiries pertaining to internal departments and external government offices at the Welcome Desk.
- Maintain adequate supplies and log statistics for the different counters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education with a focus on accounting, business or public administration.
- One to two years related experience in municipal tax and customer service.
- Successful completion of or enrolment in the Municipal Tax Administration Program is an asset.
- Aptitude for figures and the ability to carry out tax calculations on an adding machine; excellent data entry and organizational skills are required.
- Cashiering experience is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with the public on an ongoing basis and work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with TXM Tax Manager, INFOR, SharePoint and Municipal Connect is an asset.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 46,450.00 - $ 61,934.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/Revenue & Materiel Management Div , Revenue and Taxation
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.