Create, staff and maintain programs to service the diverse needs of the community. Provide resolution to any customer complaints and concerns effectively and timely. Ensure safety standards are maintained at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with a team, plan, develop, support and implement various programs, (i.e. Community Programs, etc.).
- Provide customer service, resolving issues, and communicating new programs/ changes/cancellations.
- Functional guidance of part-time staff and volunteers, coordinating staff and volunteer orientation, support in providing materials for all programs and staff training, etc.
- Produce in-house marketing materials using various software programs.
- Take part in invoice payments, etc.
- Risk management and facility operations, working closely with facility operations staff to minimize risk.
- Incorporate and model the HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development in program delivery where appropriate.
- Comply with relevant City policies.
- Provide ad hoc assistance on projects/initiatives within the unit/team.
- Support for budget preparation, monitoring, forecasting, maintenance, etc.
- Functional guidance of part-time instructors/youth leaders, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Recreation or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- First-Aid, CPR, appropriate sports certifications.
- HIGH FIVE ® Principles of Healthy Child Development.
- Microsoft Office software and appropriate City software.
- May require some light lifting of supplies/materials. Occasional fill in instruction of sports classes.
- Attention to detail in emergency situations.
- Primarily office or sports location indoors or outdoors with weather conditions, slippery floors.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $33.62 - $44.83
Hours of Work: 35 hrs week
Work Location: Erin Meadows CC / Meadowvale CC
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation Division , Aquatics, Therapeutic & Fitness
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.