The Community Development Team at the City of Mississauga is looking for a dynamic individual to support the successful implementation of outdoor special events organized by community groups and volunteers and other initiatives that engage more residents more often in recreation programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Outdoor Special Events
- Provide guidance and support to community groups and volunteers to implement various neighbourhood celebrations and outdoor special events.
- Coordinate intake and assessment of requirements for outdoor special events.
- Liaise with various internal stakeholders to support event execution and ensure coordinated approach to customer service
- Facilitate compliance with city processes and requirements
- Provide timely and effective customer service throughout the outdoor special events process.
- Implement problem-solving skills to resolve issues as required.
- Attend and provide on-site support of outdoor special events as required.
- Maintain administrative systems
- Tracking and monitoring of key performance indicators and related program evaluation.
- Contribute to building and maintaining positive relationships with community groups and volunteers.
2. Program/Project Implementation
- Provide leadership and support to implementation of policies and programs including the Community Group Registry Program and the Small Project Matching Grants Program.
- Provide project management support (e.g. development and maintenance of project management tools including workplans, share point sites)
- Support research and information gathering activities related to key initiatives (e.g. benchmarking, surveys, data analysis)
- Support planning and implementation of training and meetings with external stakeholders
3.Support for other community development unit priorities as assigned.
Note: Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays. A valid driver's license is necessary with an excellent driving record.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post - secondary degree or diploma in the field of recreation, community development, or related field along with one to three years of work experience including event management and community development/partnerships.
- Knowledge and experience with planning and implementation of community events and initiatives (range in scope and size).
- Knowledge of and experience with working with local agencies, community groups, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to establish effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong administration, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment and interest in broadening your experience is desired.
- Proficient computer skills in word, excel, power point, CLASS, social media, share point and other city software as necessary.
- Must have: Current CPR, First Aid Certification (or willing to obtain within the first 3 months of start date)
Note: Please note this is for one permanent position and one contract up to one year.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 33.05 - $ 44.06
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: 201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation Division , Sport & Community Development
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.