Under the direction of the Manager Energy Management, the successful candidate will plan and manage construction projects from conceptual design to commissioning and turnover.
Skills and Qualifications
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with the Professional Engineers of Ontario with a mechanical background
- Minimum 7 years proven successful and progressive experience in building design and construction. (Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements)
- LEED and PMP designations are preferred
- Experience in managing multiple large construction contracts (over $10M in value) involving multi disciplined consultants, general contractors and sub trades.
- Experience in planning, developing and delivering complex, multi-phase projects as well as lifecycle and renovation projects in a municipal environment preferred
- Specialized in mechanical design including HVAC systems, fire protection, plumbing, controls, energy management concepts, fire alarm systems, etc.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, OBC, NFPA, ASHRAE, Electrical Code as it applies to construction projects.
- Solid background in preparing and administering consulting and construction agreements.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications and have strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills in managing workload and work schedules.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills applicable to the management of construction projects.
- Solid writing and presentation skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Commitment to working in a team-based environment with a focus on continuous improvement and quality customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, develop and administer design and construction contracts.
- Provide direction and lead consultants of all disciplines to ensure projects are completed within scope, time and budget.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and develop project schedules
- Prepare, maintain and monitor project and construction budgets
- Review drawings and specifications
- Oversee construction execution including start-up, coordination, commissioning, deficiencies, etc.
- Ensure construction practices comply with safety guidelines for construction projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 97,434.00 - $ 129,907.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: 950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/Facil & Property Mgmt Div , Energy Management
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.