The City of Mississauga is looking to hire an experienced IT Project Manager who will support the Community Services Portfolio, in particular, Recreation and Culture. The successful candidate will manage a team of technical resources, implement IT projects and work requests, and provide Operational support to clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the IT Manager, Community Services Project Portfolio and Development, the successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with and manage a team that consists of IT Specialists, an IT BA, and an Application Developer in the support of Client’s software applications and specialized hardware;
- Support Recreation, Culture (including Living Arts Centre), and other Client groups as assigned, in order to provide ongoing Operational support for existing IT systems, and for the creation, management, and completion of IT Projects and Work Requests;
- Accountable for all aspects of the project management lifecycle: Business requirements gathering and documentation, design, development, testing, contingency plans, implementation, and training;
- Responsible for adhering to Project Management standards for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing projects, while ensuring best practices (PMBOK) and City standards established by the PMSO for project management processes are followed – this includes accurate and timely communications and status reports;
- Responsible for initiating and managing IT Procurement agreements (RFP, RFI, RFQ, etc.) as required;
- Responsible for the participating in Business Planning processes– creating and reviewing Business Cases, Budget Requests, Roadmaps, etc.;
- Required to collaborate with other IT departments and Vendors on a regular basis – includes meetings, forums, working groups, presentations, etc.;
- Promote a positive work environment through demonstrated initiative and leadership by example;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
Post-secondary school graduate in computer science or related discipline with a minimum 5 years project management experience in an information technology management environment or an equivalent combination of education and related experience;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) would be an asset;
- Demonstrated experience includes serving as an Information Technology project leader/manager with project lifecycle management experience, including; stakeholder management, preparing project charters and project plans, collecting and documenting business requirements and ensuring quality technical specifications, scheduling tasks and managing a WBS, developing and executing risk management and quality assurance processes;
- Procurement experience with RFPs, RFQs, RFIs etc. would be an asset;
- IT Contract management experience is preferred;
- MS Project and MS Visio application experience required;
- Demonstrated experience in the development, testing, implementation, integration, maintenance, and support of in-house developed and off the shelf applications;
- This leadership role requires outstanding project management, analytical, implementation, organizational, communication (oral & written), and customer service skills;
- Experience with SQL databases, web-based application development, Microsoft .NET, Visual Studio .NET, and Visual Basic .NET based application implementations is preferred;
- Practical knowledge of Recreation and Culture's lines of business is highly desirable;
- Commitment to service excellence and total quality is essential.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 99,139.00 - $ 132,180.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Mississauga Central Library
Organization Unit: CPS/Recreation & Culture
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/IT Division , IT Services - City Portfolio
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.