The City of Mississauga is looking for a Marketing Intern from May 4, 2020- August 28, 2020
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Marketing, the successful candidate will assist with the following:
- Assists in the use of available marketing communications channels effectively to promote programs available at facilities as well as contributing to innovation;
- Assists the marketing team in gathering information about market conditions, competitive positioning and demographics for Recreation lines of business, which may include community engagement, customer events and gathering focus group feedback;
- Assistance with process coordination with rates and fees including benchmarking and approval system assistance.
- Be responsive and maintain a high degree of customer service;
- Provides input and assistance with youth specific marketing and communication campaigns, surveys and overall input to engage youth in Mississauga.
- Assists in maintaining an inventory of promotional materials and restocks as necessary.
- Coordinates and participates in inventory of Recreation communication materials including community displays, and other distribution locations as required.
- Maintains Marketing files as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled on a full time basis in a post-secondary related program in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- Returning to school full time in the fall.
- Experience in assisting with marketing activities, events and promotions an asset
- Knowledge of marketing principles and practices
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and scheduling applications.
- Advanced organization and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and report generation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers including excellent customer service skills.
Hourly Rate/Salary: 17.30 - 20.60
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: 201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation Division , Business Planning
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.