Manage the Prevention Services Unit and Security Systems Unit in the development and delivery of risk driven prevention, detection and response programs that will ensure all City staff, customers and assets are protected and that services remain safe and reliable for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage key components of a city wide incident prevention, detection and response program whereby front line Security Operations and Transit Enforcement Services will detect and conduct onsite response activities; Prevention Services will conduct post incident analysis and mitigation planning that will inform future Security System prevention strategies.
- Manage post-incident response to highly complex security incidents which affect staff, customers, assets or facilities in order to limit loss and mitigate risk.
- Ensure that security incident escalation reports are issued in a timely and well-written manner to inform key stakeholders of identified risks and mitigation plans.
- Manage post-incident, after-action reviews and incorporate findings into the program review process.
- Oversee the development of a standardized security risk assessment methodology that aligns with both internal & external partner’s processes & practices (public and private sectors).
- Manage the conduct of security threat and risk assessments as required for all City assets, facilities and staff.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies and recommendations in consultation with EXLT.
- Partner with Office of Emergency Management, Risk Management and IT to establish a critical infrastructure risk assessment methodology and protection strategy.
- Conduct operational planning on various working teams, committees as required.
- Enable business operations through the provision of security subject matter expertise and risk assessment.
- Ensure that all risks and recommendations are appropriately identified, reported, mitigated and tracked by security staff.
- Consult with key stakeholders to enable information sharing and analysis, track and identify security trends and develop prevention strategies based on findings.
- Develop, implement and manage an information collection plan to accurately assess threats during the risk assessment process.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree: Business Administration, Risk Management, Security Management, Criminology, Law Enforcement or a related discipline.
- 10+ years in a corporate security, military, law enforcement or related field with a minimum of 5 years leadership experience (Supervisor or above).
- A valid driver’s license
- May require some light lifting of supplies. Exposure to computer keyboards and screens.
- Primarily office environment with occasional off-site visits
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 86,206.00 - $ 114,943.00
Hours of Work: 35 hours
Work Location: 950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/Facil & Property Mgmt Div , Security Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.