Are you a dynamic person looking for a job that combines your creativity and enthusiasm with the opportunity to be part of growing and changing environment? Can you learn quickly while continuing to recognize and adapt to changing conditions? Would you like to be part of a team that challenges the status quo and continually offers new and innovative ideas? If this is you, then the City of Mississauga Enforcement Division has the ideal job for you.
Reporting to the Manager, Parking Enforcement, you will provide professional support and administrative services to the Parking Enforcement Section.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the Parking Enforcement Administration team to create a culture of accountability, professionalism and teamwork.
- Motivate staff to achieve high performance and excellent customer service through effective leadership, coaching and training, including performance management.
- Maintain effective, efficient and up-to-date policies, systems and procedures for the unit.
- Under the direction of the Manager, prepare the section’s business plan, work plans, and operating and capital budgets, as well as monitor budget performance.
- Act as the administrative systems expert within the section.
- Draft corporate reports with recommendations for the Leadership Team; City Council and/or Committees of Council; and, attend Council or Committee meetings as required.
- Represent Enforcement as a staff member on the following Internal Committees: Safe Driving Committee, Mississauga Traffic Safety Council, BIA’s and Parking Strategy Committee, etc.
- Lead or assist in the management of long-term strategic projects related to systems upgrades, by-law amendments and/or service level reviews, including developing RFP's, project charters, project plans and public engagement.
- Develop innovative proposals for Lean continuous improvement initiatives or new business ideas.
- Conduct operational assessments\reviews of service levels including financial analysis.
- Conduct market research, and develop benchmarks and implement key performance measures.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, and possess excellent problem-solving skills to deal with members of Council, public and staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in the areas of Business, Commerce, Public Administration\Political Science, equivalent, along with a minimum of three years' experience in the areas of project management, business planning, and strategic plans.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Preferred must be willing to undertake training)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and leadership skills are required, as are excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated abilities to lead projects with excellent project management skills
- Experience managing strategic or operational projects with demonstrated ability to deliver on-time quality results.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize complex and voluminous information into written reports.
- Ability to determine business success factors, and align with municipal benchmarks and key performance measures.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently, as well as the ability to effectively function in a team environment, is a must.
- Thinks strategically about business issues with a strong bias for action and business solutions, with a view to achieving results to advance the business.
- Results-oriented problem-solver with demonstrated customer service skills.
- Knowledge of municipal government, and functions of the Enforcement Division, are preferable.
- Advanced MS Office skills (demonstrating expert-level Excel skills),
- Knowledge and experience with Infor, Auto Process and SAP
- Knowledge and experience with Business Analytic (BABOK) and mapping tools (i.e. Tableau, Visio).
- Understanding of financial analytical tools, modeling abilities, budgeting and business planning processes is an asset.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 84,723.00 - $ 112,966.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Mavis North, Enforcemnt/C Stor
Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Enforcement Division , Parking Enforcement
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.