The City of Mississauga is looking for a proven leader who is interested in a challenging and dynamic opportunity! Apply online now to the Manager, Compensation & Benefits position!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the job evaluation plan, preparation of reports for senior staff; job evaluation initiatives for all employee groups;
- Manage the City's Insured Benefit plan including development of a benefit strategy; select vendors; arrange coverages; recommend appropriate changes in plan design, resolve all issues arising from complaints or plan design changes; negotiate with benefit carriers renewal rates;; recommend program changes for retirees as required;
- Develops, implements and leads a variety of human resources projects related to compensation and benefits, while supporting the HR Division’s successful implementation of strategic initiatives;
- Provide compensation and benefits expertise and guidance to members of the HR Division including Human Resources Business Partner Managers and HR Consultants;
- Establish appropriate Compensation & Benefit Policies and Procedures;
- Research, design and conduct salary and benefit surveys and studies; analyse responses received and prepare related statistical reports;
- Develop compensation policies and programs and communicate/translate as required;
- Research, prepare and present a variety of reports for the Director, senior management, and for Council and committees as required;
- Research, develop and recommend new programs and initiatives consistent with the Corporation’s Human Resources Strategic Plan;
- Ensure that all City staff are informed of compensation programs and policies;
- Supervise the activities of compensation & benefits team including training, coaching, assigning and reviewing assignments and daily workflow, and performance management.
Skills and Qualifications
- A university degree with a concentration in Human Resources Management or related discipline with a minimum of ten years progressive experience in the private or public sector, or equivalent experience.
- CHRP, CCP and/or CBP Designations would be considered an asset.
- Specialized knowledge of compensation and benefits theories and practices supplemented by a solid understanding of Human Resource Management.
- The position requires strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated project management, change management, problem-solving and analytical skills at the senior level.
- You must also demonstrate strong leadership skills along with the ability to build strong working relationships quickly and with ease and influence the decision of others.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 97,434.00 - $ 129,907.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Organization Unit: CPS/Compensation & Benefits
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/HR Division , Total Rewards
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.