The Manager, Business Initiatives & Planning will play an integral part in development and implementation of high priority initiatives and management of the Division’s marketing; research, analysis and project management activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead team to implement strategic initiatives by providing customized strategy development and advisory support to accelerate transformation and value creation toward required outcomes.
- Work closely the EDO Leadership Team to understand and support their business priorities and to recommend and ensure the development of supporting research, analysis, marketing and project management activities.
- Responsible for developing on-line resource programs and partnership
- Lead the development and implementation of benchmarks and forms of measurement to continually evaluate and improve marketing, research, analysis and, project management strategies.
- Lead Divisional financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and planning with input from EDO Leadership Team.
- Provide direction, input, advice and be accountable for the annual budget submission and City Business Plan, deliver program within budget, adhering to City policy and process while allocating sufficient resources to satisfy employee and customer expectations.
- Develop team capability and manage team initiatives by providing day to day management to effectively optimize engagement, performance and long-term development plans.
- Develop and implement process and management tools that will ensure effective management of the marketing; research, analysis and; project management activities.
- Build and cultivate key internal and external partnerships to develop strong and collaborative relationships to advance EDO’s business priorities.
- Identify opportunities, develop and implement plans to enhance strong collaboration and partnership between the Economic Development office, and other City divisions’ agencies, boards and external organizations to advance EDO’s business priorities.
- Represents and promotes the City/EDO at internal and external committees, boards and meetings and gives presentations to high level corporate executives and senior government officials.
- Prepare Corporate Reports; presentations and other key documents to advance strategic initiatives.
- Ensures adherence to all City policies and procedures, applicable governmental legislation
Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in Business, Commerce, Economic Development, Strategic Planning, Project Management or other discipline related to economic development.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in management consulting or strategy development, execution and project management
- Minimum 3 years supervisory/managerial experience directing and leading staff.
- Ability to manage people, identify and develop relationships with clients and key strategic partners in economic development
- Strong business acumen and superior public speaking, presentation skills and influencing skills.
- Extensive Project Management experience
- Experience working in the Public Sector is an asset
Hourly Rate/Salary: $99,139 - $132,180
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CMO/City Manager's Office , CMO/Economic Dev Office ,
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.