Our work is about coaching and empowering others in Lean thinking to achieve success in implementing new approaches and delivering results that stick. The Lean Program Consultant provides outstanding coaching, training and support to help the City’s Divisions work smarter and strengthen their culture of continuous improvement. You will help the organization make dramatic improvements in their work through the application of Lean thinking, guide teams in developing the systems to improve on a daily basis, and advance the knowledge and expertise of staff in applying Lean concepts and principles in the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coaching, developing and supporting staff selected to be a part of the Lean Yellow and Green Belt Program, along with other assignments as required.
- Establish relationships with all business units to deliver on engagement outputs, remove roadblocks and grow the adoption of Lean thinking in the organization.
- Provides subject matter expertise on Lean and creative thinking to guide all engagement leads in delivering breakthrough improvements to their business processes.
- Ensure projects achieve their intended outcomes and can be reported out in a clear, verifiable way with quantitative and qualitative benefits (e.g. cost savings, cost avoidance, freed capacity).
- Lead larger, complex Lean engagements when required.
- Deliver introductory Lean White Belt Training to staff across the organization, tailoring the content where possible to the needs of individual business units.
- Develop and refine case studies, training modules, templates, articles and other content for staff use in applying Lean principles in the workplace.
- Mentor and coach leaders on Lean daily management principles and the routines and habits that enable a culture of continuous improvement.
- Supports, recommends and delivers on the Lean Program’s delivery model, including marketing/communications, benefits reporting, and presentations.
- Monitor and complete the Lean Program’s administrative tasks, including updates to the Lean website, dashboards,
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics or a related discipline.
- 3 years of work experience, preferably in a change management or continuous improvement role
- Advanced certification in Lean or Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt) preferred.
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience and proficient skill in group facilitation.
- Great initiative and creativity.
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- A high level of comfort with the use of data and performance measurement to identify insights.
- Knowledge of municipal programs and services is an asset.
- Fluency with the applications and tools required to meet client and project needs, including a strong understanding of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Visio, SharePoint 2016, PowerPoint and Word.
- A strong interest and passion for coaching and mentoring others.
- An ability to both identify and lead the exploration of new ideas to grow the City’s Lean Program.
- Comfortable with building relationships, handling conflict, negotiation and influencing without authority.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 79,251.00 - $ 105,669.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Organization Unit: CPS/Lean
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/Corporate Performance & Innovation , Lean
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.