Reporting to the Manager, HR Operations & Reporting the successful candidate will provide administrative support in the following areas:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and process forms related to terminations, leaves of absence and salary adjustments, etc.
- Input data and maintain integrity of employee information entered in SAP system.
- Handle general HR inquiries related to corporate policies and procedures, employee benefits, leave plans, leave of absences, collective agreements, tuition reimbursement and recruitment, etc.
- Prepare HR related correspondence including but not limited to employment and salary verification letters and emails.
- Maintain employee files, competition documentation and perform employee file reviews as requested.
- Provide back-up to other HR Assistants as required.
- Provide administrative support to recruitment through Success Factors and for the City's Learning Management System.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Secondary school graduation required with additional post-secondary courses in Business Administration, Office Administration and/or Human Resource Management; completion of Human Resources Management certification/diploma will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 (five) years office administration experience with an emphasis on customer service; Human Resources administrative experience and previous experience responding to HR related inquiries is considered an asset.
- Practical experience in data entry & data audit using an information system is required, experience with SAP and/or Success Factors would be considered an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Position requires strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use good judgment.
- Additional post-secondary courses in Business Administration, Office Administration and/or Human Resource Management; completion of Human Resources Management certification/diploma will be considered an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
#LI-CPS / #LI-CMS / #LI-TW / #LI-PB / #LI-CMO / #LI-DNP
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 52,855.00 - $ 70,476.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: 201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/HR Division , Total Rewards
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.