Seeking 3 Front-End Developers to join our digital product development team. If you're passionate about technology, building digital products, and working within a multidisciplinary team, you’ll love working at the City of Mississauga.
You have a strong product development background with experience in building front-end applications. You have mastered the skill of translating high-fidelity mock-ups into functional user interfaces and your components are developed to be reused by other teams and applications. You understand what it takes to work within a full-stack team of technical professionals through the concept, development and delivery phases of digital products. You believe in modern development practices and advocate for corporate standards around how we build products within the organization.
Required People Skills
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration, learning, and improvement across the teams you interact with
- Support the team through continuous improvement of processes, working through roadblocks and empowering teammates to do their best work in both Agile and Waterfall environments as the situation requires
- Navigate and push the boundaries of our organization, and adapt your approach to work through the layers of corporate culture effectively
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Project Leader of Digital Services, you will be responsible for the development of digital products and Digital Service’s application architecture. You will contribute to a multidisciplinary team to build custom web applications leveraging our service-oriented architecture and cloud infrastructure. You will be required to stay current on emerging technologies and practices to continuously improve the way we offer solutions to the organization. This role requires you to participate at various capacities within multiple projects between teams that involve significant scope and complexity.
The successful candidate will:
- Create VueJS front-end components and solutions based off of high-fidelity concepts and/or wireframes
- Code all CSS elements of web-based applications
- Work with developers to integrate front-end components to server-side SOA/Microarchitecture services
- Suggest solutions to front-end developer elements
- Determine effort required to implement new front-end solutions
- Create WCAG Level AA compliant front-end solutions
- Contribute to the creation of organizational development best practices and standards
Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years creating CSS from concepts or wireframes
- 5+ years of practical development experience
- 3+ years experience using front-end development frameworks such as AngularJS, React, or VueJS (VueJS preferred)
- 3+ years implementing design patterns in front-end frameworks
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner or in a small team
- Experience in Typescript is an asset
- AWS Serverless Deployment or Docker Container deployment experience is an asset
- Payment gateway and ecommerce platform integration experience is an asset
- Canadian Municipal experience is an asset
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 43.54 - $ 58.06
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/IT Division , Digital Services & Mobility
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.