Create secure and reliable storage structures that allow business applications to utilize City data. Plan, develop, forecast, manage and implement a process to monitor and enhance the overall performance of the databases and business applications, ensuring availability. Manage and monitor database security administration and service performance. Provide technical leadership and guidance to Information Technology and business units.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the GIS/ IT Project Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Provide ArcGIS Platform administration for all products in the City’s ESRI landscape including application patching, monitoring, performance tuning and taking action on ESRI diagnostic and monitoring tools
- Provide ESRI expertise and work with the team to architect, design and implement Data and Web processes for the ESRI landscape
- Work with City resources to design and implement a scalable security framework for the ESRI Data Warehouse and ArcGIS Online environments
- Install, configure and administer any future ESRI platforms including preparing for and working with City resources on Microstation/GeoMedia/Oracle Locator migration projects and other upgrades to the City’s ESRI GIS landscape
- Work with IT Infrastructure Services to ensure backups and operating system and security patching
- Anticipate, mitigate and resolve issues associated with ESRI Platform across the landscape (e.g. troubleshooting, tuning, resources, connections, etc.)
- Assist IT and other resources in migrating changes across the landscape (e.g. transports)
- Provide input to develop implementation and contingency plans
- Install and test new releases of software packages (e.g. SPs, Enhancement Packages, etc.)
- Maintain and upgrade skills on new technology and maintain ESRI Platform standards and documentation
- Independently execute short term ESRI Platform projects and work with other GIS professionals and business resources
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in Computer Science or Geography with a post-bachelor’s certificate/diploma in Application Development or GIS or related disciplines with minimum 3-5 years advanced development and administration experience with ESRI technology methods, application development, spatial database modeling & design, data management and information architecture, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with administrating, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, upgrading, optimizing and maintaining ESRI Platform involving the Enterprise Geodatabase, Data Modeling, Web Map Services, Portal, MS IIS, ESRI Web Adapter, FME Extract Transform Load routines, ESRI Api’s, and Widgets.
- In-depth knowledge of inter-dependencies between ESRI Platform and Microsoft (Windows, SQL Server, Active Directory) environments is required
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with many of the following: Python, PowerBuilder, Visual Studio (C++, VB, C#, ASP.NET) and Toad
- Sound knowledge of inter-dependencies between ESRI Platform and Asset Management and CRM systems, specifically Infor/Hansen.
- Demonstrated experience in applying ESRI suite of products including ArcServer, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Desktop, Portal, and ESRI Web Adapter is required
- ESRI Platform experience with High Availability (HA) architectures and Disaster Recovery (DR) processes is required
- Excellent research capabilities and ability to recommend and apply new features to the ESRI landscape is required
- Solid organizational, time management, technical and analytical/problem solving skills is required
- Excellent communication (e.g. client liaison, presentation, etc.) skills, ability to work independently, and commitment to service excellence and total quality are required.
- Have taken ESRI ArcGIS for Server training. Certification in ESRI Web and Server Administration is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing security for ArcServer, Portal and ArcGIS Online is preferred
- Experience installing, administrating and upgrading to Geocortex Essentials and FME.
- Knowledge of VMware is preferred
#LI-CPS / #LI-CMS / #LI-TW / #LI-PB / #LI-CMO / #LI-DNP
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 84,723.00 - $ 112,966.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: 201 City Centre Drive
Organization Unit: CPS/Geomatics - Client Service
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/IT Division , Digital Services & Mobility
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.