Does analyzing numbers make your day?
Are you interested in using hard facts to show how a business decision could impact performance?
Are you interested in seeing your work be the catalyst for improvements to public transit in our great City?
The City of Mississauga is seeking a Customer Experience Data Analyst who will work to illuminate our customers’ behaviours, needs and wants at MiWay through the Voice of the Customer Program. The ideal candidate has a curious mind which delves into the unknown as is undaunted if a trail runs cold. In this position you’ll use your advanced knowledge of statistics and analyzing correlations/regressions to pinpoint where our customers need our attention. While you can defend your numbers at an academic level, you are also able to communicate what you did in plain-speak as well.
The Customer Experience team is a high-energy group with an entrepreneurial mindset that brings innovation to the public sector.
We need your data skills to track and prove it!
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, MiWay Customer Experience, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Be the day to day administrator for our continuous improvement and innovation program (MiIdea) and provide regular reports on activity. Process map and build new topics as needed.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the business goals, practices and processes currently in place to understand gaps and barriers to Customer Experience improvements
- Design and develop the data side of the Voice of the Customer program that has a strong foundation in descriptive analytics and matures towards predictive analytics within two years
- Develop and track statistics which demonstrate the value of the MiWay CX program
- Provide various status reports to Transit Management Team.
- Work with Data and Business Analysts, PRESTO staff and other consultants to gather various sources of data for further insights to customer loyalty and churn
- Developing performance metrics to assess culture change impacts
- Developing relationships within MiWay to facilitate the discussion, design, and implementation of Voice of the Customer metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Math, Statistics, Applied Math or Statistics, engineering or related field, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in database/analytical tools, statistical analysis, performance monitoring, report writing/presentation development.
- Superior computer skills utilizing the Microsoft Office suite, Tableau, website content management applications, SharePoint, and other related software applications are required and will be assessed as part of the recruitment process.
- MiWay uses industry-specific software supplied by Trapeze and Giro. Familiarity with these programs or similar is an asset.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in planning and project management.
- Experience with problem solving, problem diagnosis, design thinking methods
- Knowledge of public transit planning/operations or delivering service in a unionized environment an asset
- The ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form is mandatory.
- Project management designation (PMP) and/or LEAN certification are an asset.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $33.62-$44.83
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Semenyk Court
Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Mississauga Transit , MT Business Development
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.