Reporting to the Facility Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for administrative duties which support the programs and services offered at the Facility
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the customer service desk including recruiting, scheduling, training, supervising and evaluating customer service staff
- Ensure appropriate financial and statistical records are maintained for recreational programs including the preparation of weekly revenue reports and the auditing of daily revenue
- Ensure daily revenue reports are accurate; audit cash procedures
- Understand Corporate cash handling policies and procedures and ensure that they are implemented and maintained
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of recreational programs
- Develop and revise facility administrative procedures which reflect corporate policies
- Input payroll in SAP
- Conduct and track inventory and assist with the processing of all SAP requests
- Provide immediate customer service to the public on all aspects of program operations
- Provide general supervision of staff and programs in the role of Manager-on-Duty
- Act as a backup for the Administrative Assistant
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Note: Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum completion of Grade 12. Post-secondary degree or diploma in administration, business or a related field considered an asset
- Minimum 3 to 5 years administrative experience
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience is considered an asset
- Previous cash handling and inventory control experience
- Previous experience with budgeting and financial reporting is a definite asset
- Working knowledge within the recreation field
- Advanced MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and a basic knowledge of Access is considered an asset
- Proficiency in additional computer software applications including SAP and Class is considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships, provide excellent customer service and work in a team environment with changing priorities
- Research and analytical skills required
- Previous knowledge of writing or implementing processes is an asset
- Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED is required (or willing to obtain it within the first 6 months of start date)
- Travel between City of Mississauga facilities as required
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle as required
Hourly Rate/Salary: $61,194 - $81,593 ($33.62 - $44.83)
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: South Common CC
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation Division , South District
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.