Reporting to the Supervisor, Cultural Community Development & Marketing, the successful candidate for this position is a highly motivated self-starter responsible for marketing several lines of business in the Culture Division of the Community Services Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Consultant will:
- Complete marketing research to develop marketing and communication strategies and plans including project management, budgeting, procurement, implementation and evaluation.
- Track appropriate usage data and accumulate regular customer service assessments and information through surveys, focus groups, and other formal interactions with facility users and program participants.
- Be responsible for having an awareness of market conditions, competitive positioning and demographics for assigned lines of businesses to ensure marketing and programming are responsive to customer and resident needs; ensure alignment between marketing communications plans and other business or strategic plans to ensure assigned lines of business serve the market.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy to manage online conversation across all Culture Division channels. Use available marketing communications channels effectively to promote programs available and identify opportunities for innovation.
- Incorporate trend-setting marketing research and advertising approaches to develop and ensure relevancy in the market place increases and is maintained.
- Act as a point of contact for local advertisers, sponsors and other partners; develop systems to ensure effective messaging to all participants.
- Be part of a team that ensures a quality cultural experience for all participants.
- Maintains a high degree of customer service;
- Identify population segments that are under-represented in the participant profile or areas where program quality could be improved.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- MUST be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a post-secondary degree program in marketing / business, public relations / arts administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, qualifications and experience will be considered.
- Proven professional experience in marketing, business analysis, research or planning positions. Demonstrated experience creating, planning and executing strategic marketing campaigns, program and service promotion plans, social media strategies, experiential marketing and onsite activations.
- Solid experience in marketing cultural programs and events including creative development and production.
- Excellent research, technical report writing, budgeting, project management and planning skills are required.
- Proficient in customer research, including customer value measurement and geo-demographic analysis.
- Creative problem solver with the necessary skills to perform in a fast-pasted municipal environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in multiple teams.
- Experience coordinating the creative development process and writing print and web copy as required.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel as well as design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, MS Publisher).
- Please note that this is temporary position up to 12 months. LI-CMS
Hourly Rate/Salary: $37.60 - $50.13
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: 201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Culture Division , Culture Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.