Working for the City means you are part of something big, something special! You will be part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver on our commitment to the residents, visitors and businesses of Mississauga.
MiWay is Mississauga’s public transit service and you will be part of the MiWay Outreach team. MiWay’s Outreach activities provide a platform for two-way communication between MiWay staff and the public through events to create positive perceptions about the transit service in Mississauga and encourage new customers to try the syst
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with event planning and preparation of outreach activities, including contacting vendors and schools to gather requirements and complete event registration if required
- Complete event plans, including outreach equipment needs
- Pack outreach materials including banners, A-Frames, promotional items, print materials tables, chairs etc. for event
- Attend outreach activities and events throughout the city, including at various schools (middle school, high school and post-secondary), business park locations, and transit locations and on board buses to inform target audiences about MiWay programs, services and policies.
- Complete event debriefs including event cost of engagement and returning promotional items to inventory
- Assist with the MiWay Student Ambassadors Program administration and training sessions
- Proactively assist with tracking and maintaining an inventory of promotional and print materials.
- Performs other related duties as required;
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Must have the ability to travel between various sites and facilities located across the City of Mississauga. A valid Ontario Class "G" driver's license is required to operate a City vehicle (car or van).
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in events coordination or other related experience with customer service or public engagements;
- Recent graduate of a post-secondary education in administration, event planning, marketing, public relations or corporate communications;
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task diverse challenges at one time;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated technical competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Social Media and Outlook;
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to work independently.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 25.52 - $ 34.03
Hours of Work: up to 35 hours variable
Work Location: Semenyk Court
Organization Unit: T&W/Community Outreach
Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Mississauga Transit , MT Business Development
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.