Are you a self-motivated results driven leader looking for a professional position that combines business development and problem solving skills with a genuine enthusiasm to champion customer needs? Can you learn quickly and adapt to changing conditions, challenges and opportunities affecting local businesses. If you have experience in lead generation, business retention and expansion, investment sales and customer satisfaction this position could be right for you. Mississauga’s EDO is seeking a Client Account Manager to support economic growth and business development in the city.
You will provide economic development services that align with the municipal priorities identified in the City’s new Economic Development Strategy. As a Client Account Manager, you will report to the Manager, Business Investment and Sector Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct lead generation, promotion, investment sales and after care services.
- Identify and support investment opportunities by helping local companies and related supply chains to expand their operations.
- Monitor industrial and commercial activities and trends, in relation to key sectors.
- Collaborate with internal sector development, marketing and research staff to support economic development initiatives.
- Provide direction, guidance and support to lines of business within the Economic Development Office.
- Update and maintain EDO’s Client Relationship Management System (CRM).
- Actively pursue investment opportunities using a standardized sales methodology.
- Conduct business calls/sales meetings with clients to identify and close complex investment opportunities.
- Develop effective professional working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholder groups to advance the EDO’s strategic priorities.
- Act as a first point of contact for business investors and channel partners that require assistance.
- Co-ordinate meetings with internal and/or external stakeholders, to help resolve complex problems.
- Make presentations to large and small groups.
- Work collaboratively and confidentially with local companies and service providers to support business retention and expansion plans.
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant Business, Finance, Public Administration or Economic university or college degree.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience in professional sales or business development.
- Exceptional focus on value-driven customer service.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, issue resolution skills and business acumen.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders including the local business community, real estate development industry and other partners.
- Competent in the use of technology, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in self-organizing teams to achieve common goals.
- Proven experience with progressive investment sales and marketing tools including proven sales methodologies and social media.
- Deep analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize complex information into verbal briefings, presentations and/or written reports.
- Political acuity.
- An understanding of how government works including the provincial and federal Canadian governments.
- Familiarity with international business practices, cultural norms and diplomacy.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 79,251.00 - $ 105,669.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CMO/City Manager's Office , CMO/Economic Dev Office , Business Invest & Client Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.