Reporting to the Manager, Business Operations, the Business Analyst will provide analysis on capital budgets and procurement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Business Operations, the Business Analyst will:
- Develop and maintain Recreation's asset management strategy and lifecycle model capital assets
- Provide analysis on capital budgets and procurement
- Provide management with detailed analysis on the trends and causes affecting financial performance.
- Analyze and evaluate client requirements and business goals.
- Identify and implement capital and procurement business logistics.
- Conduct research and information gathering.
- Assist in analysis of process improvement initiatives.
- Provide coordination for strategic divisional projects
- Provide project and operational assistance to various lines of business and functional teams.
- Conduct periodic benchmarking and performance measure initiatives.
- Assist in the compilation of statistics and development of reports as needed.
- Provide project management and business support to the various community services management teams.
- Creates reports that mine existing statistical data.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Skills and Qualifications
University degree in Business, Commerce, Public Administration\Political Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in data analysis, Procurement, Capital planning and supporting business plans
- Document Management and SharePoint experience is essential
- Experience in conducting research, data collection/analysis and report writing is a must.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize complex and voluminous information into written reports.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills are required, as are excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to function in a team environment is a must.
- Excellent computer skills, with above average abilities in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders and ability to multi-task are a must.
- Must have the ability to travel and provide own transportation and comfortable working in multiple locations
- Previous experience on business process improvement projects, documented and analyzed business processes, calculated benefits for proposed changes, presented solutions, and developed final deliverables;
- Demonstrated competency with re-engineering of business processes and benchmarking,
#LI-CPS / #LI-CMS / #LI-TW / #LI-PB / #LI-CMO / #LI-DNP
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 79,251.00 - $ 105,669.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: 201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation Division , Business Planning
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.