Reporting to the Supervisor, Community Outreach, the Community Outreach Assistant will help to plan, participate in and measure MiWay’s community outreach activities, including the MiWay Student Ambassador Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with MiWay Student Ambassador Program recruitment, administration and training sessions.
- Assist with event planning and preparation of outreach activities, including contacting vendors and schools to gather requirements and complete event registrations.
- Prepare event plans, including requirements for outreach materials and supplies.
- Participate in outreach activities and events throughout the city, including at schools, business park locations, and transit locations and on board buses to inform target audiences about MiWay programs, service changes/improvements and policies.
- Act as a knowledgeable resource when interacting with members of the public.
- Support the development of outreach program materials to be used for public engagement and education.
- Organize and prepare outreach materials for events, including banners, A-Frames, promotional items, print materials, tables, chairs, etc.
- Assist with research, tracking and reporting for projects and outreach activities.
- Provide assistance to Marketing Team members as required in the implementation and coordination of approved projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Recent graduate (1-2 years) of a post-secondary program in event management, marketing, public relations or a related field.
- Experience organizing and coordinating events and/or other related experience serving customers or participating in public engagements is required.
- Excellent organization, time management and research skills.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends, early mornings and evenings as required to participate in outreach events.
- Must have the ability to travel between various sites and facilities located across the City of Mississauga. A valid Ontario Class "G" driver's license is required to operate a City vehicle (car or van).
- Knowledge of MiWay is an asset.
- Heavy lifting of display materials is required (30-50 lbs work-related equipment).
- Previous experience working with students/youth is an asset.
- Experience with public transit is an asset.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 25.97 - $ 34.63
Hours of Work: Weekday 8:30am - 4:30pm if applicablt and variable
Work Location: Semenyk Court
Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Mississauga Transit , MT Business Development
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.