Ensure IT applications meet the needs of clients by delivering new or enhanced system functionality and providing ongoing system maintenance and support. Translate a client’s idea into well-defined business requirements. Design, build, test, deliver and maintain a working IT application.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a team member in SAP Development Support, the successful candidate will work as part of a project and support team to acquire, develop or improve application systems and support existing applications.
In conjunction with clients and external consulting resources, perform the following duties in accordance with City Standards and Procedures:
- Review and/or initiate Development Requests and project development scope;
- Identify, gather and prioritize requirements and issues (e.g. by interviewing clients; review of legacy applications, processes, interfaces and functionality, etc.);
- Assist clients with preparation of feasibility studies and reports, develop application requirements documents, time estimates and program specifications;
- Pprovide input to or develop implementation and contingency plans;
- Execute developments in test systems and prepare and execute test cases;
- Communicate and work with IT and client resources during implementation of developments or projects into production systems (e.g. update planning and development tracking status, etc.) prepare and review documentation to support developments and system (e.g. user Work Instructions, backup and recovery procedures, etc.);
- Prepare training materials and train clients and support on use of systems and applications;
- Install and test new releases of software packages (e.g. SPs, Enhancement Packages, migrations, etc.) maintain and upgrade skills on new technology and maintain development standards and documentation with support members; independently execute short term solutions projects which may be SAP and/or Microsoft based;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
University degree or college diploma in computer science or related discipline with minimum 3-5 years application development/implementation experience in an MS SQL and SAP environment.
Demonstrated capability to develop, customize and troubleshoot ABAP WRICEF (Workflow, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms) development in existing and future SAP platforms (SAP ECC 6/NW 7) during SAP projects and Post Go Live Support. Certification in ABAP and ability to apply SAP Notes.
Solid organizational, time management, technical and analytical/problem solving skills.
Excellent communication (e.g. client liaison, presentation, etc.) skills, ability to work independently, and commitment to service excellence and total quality.
The following experiences and/or qualifications would be an asset; NetWeaver (NW) or Portal certification; NW Portal ESS and MSS (ESS and MSS 6 on NW 7) development/customization; Fiori (html5) or web applications development; FI/CO, MM, HCM (PY, TM, PA, OM, PD, EH&S), Concur or SF functional or integration experience; Solution Manager,SAP PI/PO (Process Integration/Process Orchestration) or BW experience; Business Objects analytical tools, uPerform, Clone & Test, TxShuttle, SCSM and SharePoint experience; S4 implementation experience.
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.